My homemade pancakes have been a wee bit of a hit on Instagram and I’ve had a few requests for the recipe. So ta-da! I’m putting it together for you.
These pancakes are quick to make and will create joy any time of day, whether at breakfast or for late night cravings! 😋
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons of sugar 🍚
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkle of salt
- Heaped tablespoon of butter
- 1 egg 🥚
- Splash 💦 of milk
- Oil for frying (I use rapeseed or coconut 🥥)
- Put a bit of oil into a pan and put on a medium/high heat. Get that oil nice and hotttt 🔥
- Heat the butter in the microwave for 20 seconds until it’s mostly runny (and stirrable!). Leave it to one side to cool down.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, sugar, salt and baking powder).
- Make a little dip in the dry mixture and crack the egg into it. Slowly mix the egg into the flour.
- Now the butter has cooled down a bit, slowly stir this into the flour mixture bit by bit.
- Once this is all in the bowl and mixed you will likely need to add a splash of milk to get it to the right consistency — you want it stirrable with no lumps, but still pretty thick.
- Now turn the heat down on the pan to a low-medium heat and leave the mixture on the side for two minutes — the pan will cool down a bit and your mixture will thicken slightly.
- Now spoon the mixture into the pan. I usually make lumps of about 7cm in diameter. After a few minutes the pancake will start to bubble on top. At this point, flip carefully over with a spatula. The top should be browning.
- Do the other side for a few more minutes and you’re done!
- Stack and top with preferred goodies — my favs are Greek yoghurt, strawberries and a splash of maple 🍁 syrup.